VirtualHere is introducing a new product called the VirtualHere CloudHub. This is a complete solution, including the Optimized VirtualHere USB Server, a Management Interface and an Embedded Operating System all in a single easy to use firmware image that can be flashed to your router or embedded device.
These instructions below will install the Free Version of VirtualHere CloudHub on your hardware device. To enable all features of the registered VirtualHere server please purchase a license
To Install: (FAQ)
1.Make sure you one of the following devices (or purchase one from Amazon or eBay etc.):
- TP-Link TL-MR3020 V1 mini router
- TP-Link TL-MR3040 V2 battery powered router
2. Install the firmware image (below) on the router by flashing it with the built-in router configuration interface "System -> Firmware Update"
Firmware Image (version 3.3.2) :
TP-Link MR-3020 V1
- If you are running the TPLINK stock firmware flash this image cloudhub-tl-mr3020-v1-initial.bin
- If you are upgrading the firmware via the VirtualHere client use this image cloudhub-tl-mr3020-v1-upgrade.bin
TP-Link MR-3040 V2
- If you are running the TPLINK stock firmware flash this image cloudhub-tl-mr3040-v2-initial.bin
- If you are upgrading the firmware via the VirtualHere client use this image cloudhub-tl-mr3040-v2-upgrade.bin
3. The router will reboot and a WiFi network called CloudHub_xxxxxx (where xxxxxx is a unique number) will appear
4. Join the network with your WiFi card on your client pc. (Default wifi password is: cloudhub66 )
5. Start the VirtualHere client and the CloudHub will automatically appear listed.
6. Use the USB device by right clicking the Device and selecting "Use".
Now you can wirelessly interact with the USB device just as if it was directly connected!
To manage the server right click on the CloudHub listed and select Properties:
Select "Configure" then Enter the administrator password (cloudhub66) and a management screen will appear:
If you want to use the CloudHub as a standalone device, you can use this screen to change the password or wifi name. When using the CloudHub outdoors or on location you can set these values to create a local wifi network for users in the vicinity to access and control the attached USB device.
If you would like the router to join an existing network select "I want my CloudHub to be part of an existing network" and enter the network details
You can change the password and reflash updates to the firmware and other features by clicking on "Advanced"
If you make a mistake and the router becomes unreachable (e.g you enter the wrong password, forget the password etc)
1. Turn the router off